On the Sixth Day of Xmas...

12/18/2008

...Ruth O'Connor crocheted the most exquisite lace cuff bracelets. As you can see, she made a variety of colour ways. Mine is dyed a gentle aqua blue and has deep red beads sewn around the perimeter of the focal point. The design is a flower with 10 petals and in the center of the flower is a red mother of pearl button. (I never knew there was such a thing!)



The cuff fastens with another button and somehow Ruth guessed the exact right size. It feels so soft and comfortable on. This is absolutely lovely.



We're at the half-way point and everyone is feeling incredibly spoiled! Check back tomorrow for gift #7.
Photo Courtesy of Ruth O'Connor

Labels:

 
posted by Lelainia N. Lloyd at 5:40 a.m., |

1 Comments:

  At 9:39 a.m. Anonymous Anonymous said:
Ruth, I can't tell you how much I love my beautiful, flawless cuff and how I've wanted one! I just learned to crochet this year and actually attempted something like it months ago but abandoned it in frustration, mostly at the tiny yarn I was trying to use! Of course, my stitches wouldn't have looked nearly as perfect as yours and I just love it so much more that it came from you. The red is the perfect color for me and I adore the button closure. Thank you so much! I know I'm going to be wearing it a lot!